A visually appealing arrangement or organization of 3 dimensional forms is known as a 3D- Composition. They can be created using simple geometric 3-D forms like cubes, spheres, cones, cylinders, cuboids or complex 3-D solids generated from basic forms.
Steps to create a 3-D Composition:
- Learn to draw 3-D objects preferably in Isometric view.
- Create an interesting arrangement of these objects considering
- Placement of the objects - smaller objects should be in front. The objects should be overlapping and preferably in two or maximum three layers. Avoid putting similar objects in the same area.
- Keep sufficient space around the composition as we may need to show the shadows of the objects.
- Show the effect of light by shading the object. Shading also helps to create the effect of three dimensionality of the objects.
- Show the cast shadows of the objects in the given light conditions.