Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Examination was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
JEE Main type of Examination
JEE (Main)–2019 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning.), or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given in the table below:
|Subject||Type of Question||Mode of Exam|
|Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning) (to be attempted in one sitting)||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test drawing aptitude||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
Date of JEE Main Examination
|Date||06.01.2019 (Sunday) to 20.01.2019 (Sunday)|
Eligibility for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2019
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2019. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January, 2019 and April, 2019 JEE (Main)-2019 Examination.
Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)– 2019.
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
B.Arch JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus
- Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Mathematical Induction
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations and Combinations
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Binomial Theorem
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Vector Algebra
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials
- Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment
- Visualising 3D objects from 2D drawings
- Visualising different sides of 3D objects
- Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
- Analytical Reasoning
- Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects
- colour texture
- building forms and elements
- contrast and harmony
- Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union
- Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation
- Development of surfaces and volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.), landscape (gardens, trees, river fronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life.
The candidates who wish to pursue B.Arch in the two IITs, namely, IIT Roorkee or IIT Kharagpur, have to appear for AAT (Aptitude Awareness Test).
Disclaimer : AICT has made every attempt to ensure accuracy and reliability of the information provided in this brochure, However it does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality and reliability of the information provided. The concerned persons are advised to visit the official websites to check the details.